Yes, you read that right.... REVIVAL IN LITTLE ROCK.
Yesterday I stopped by to visit with Dorothy Ludvigson... always interesting and enjoyable.... but this time she said, "I guess you heard what happened at Summit Church?" AND she proceeded to tell me about how revival had broken out in the Sunday service in early April!!!! Are you hearing this???? The pastor, Bill Elliff, was preaching on "quenching the Spirit and despising prophetic utterances".... Bill paused in his message and a man got to his feet and said, "we must do this right now".... Bill manned the mic and for three hours people came forward confessing sin... being baptized in their Sunday clothes..... interceding.... REVIVAL!!!!!!
I came home and found the Summit Church blog that chronicles it all (won't need the print outs, Dorothy). I am sending the site here http://thesummitchurch.org/blogs/summit Read from the bottom up and if this doesn't cause you to jump and shout.... well.... check your pulse. Also, you will see that they are still having times of prayer at night and God is soooo moving among them. AND other churches in town are beginning to see revival. GLORY TO THE KING!!!!
I read today that the start of change in our lives is not just stopping what we are doing that is sin... but first recognizing the very holiness of God and being broken before Him... that is where revival and true change of heart happens.... not just behavioral changes.... but heart changes that give the Holy Spirit freedom to work in our lives. Sooooo, Friends, that is the story .... revival which begins as we bow to Him. Meet you at the throne... on our knees.... broken and worshipping Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment