Monday, October 11, 2010

Sageworks Sunday night recap

Just a quick recap of last night's Sageworks gathering. Bill P spoke, and it was really good. You might want to listen to it or watch it on the Sageworks website. His title Second Half Roadblocks. Here are the five points but I may not have them all exactly right....
1. We begin drifting in our relationship with God... our sense of God's presence... not like we were when we were first saved.. on fire for Him, etc. The solution... We should pursue conversations that cultivate our relationship with God... talk to Him. Bill is going to put a Gordon MacDonald article on the website about conversations with God.
2. We forget the God vision we had for our lives.. We need to seek a new spiritual mission for our lives... Find where God wants us to be working for Him at this point in time.
3. We stop exercising the convictions that transformed us. When we were first saved all that mattered was Him... we thought Jesus was coming every day. We need to recommit to the priorities that transformed us. Long obedience in the same direction.
4. Not sure I got this right.... but it is about it was about Being aware of our influence on others and look for opportunities to leverage (?) that influence. Example... Caleb... "Others feared but I followed the Lord fully." Sorry.... I must have drifted off... :-) not like #1 drifting though. David Palmer shared his One Day at a time ministry and book, I think... how he spoke at the Women's Prison and told of his life change... they loved it. He was shocked that they wanted to hear from him.
5. We no longer focus on leaving an ultimate contribution (I say "legacy of faith").
We should use our gifts to leave an ultimate contribution.
I thought of the Jim Cymbala message on the fact that the enemy wants to steal our first love... distract us.... fill our lives with other things.... AND he wants to steal our desire to do what God called us to do. So some sounded familiar and again challenged me.

Love you all....

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Linda
thanks for this good summary....