You never know what is going to happen when you wake up in the morning and everything is normal, off to work and just get that second cup of coffee down and feeling like you just might make it through the day. when along comes a phone call from your mother saying she had to crawl to the phone to get me and is bearly able to speak because she is so dizzy and overcome with nauzia(sp?) and wants some help NOW. I calmly get a hold of a neighbor down the way to see in on her before I get there. But before I could get home I receive a call from the neighbor saying my mother looks like she needs to see help quickly. I had him call 911. I was less than five minutes from home. EMTs and MEMS arrived quickly and before you knew it she was off to the hospital. After all the blood work, CT scan, chest Xray, the doctor felt mother could stand to be observed for 24 hours. He just wasn't comfortable with her going home not knowing what caused this vertigo attack, and with the possiblity of having another attack. She was her old self when I left the ER 4 hours after this all began. Yes, Shirley, she was ok with me going back to work. I get to smuggle some of her food into her room this evening. can't live without those prunes and bran muffins.
Please, pray that the ear specialist she was to see this monday will be able to see her tomorrow at the latest. We needs to know what is wrong with her.
Pray for the doctors, you know how my mother can be.
Pray that she will not get an infection of some kind. She told the doctor not to let the hospital give her some bug.
Thank you for all your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment