Tuesday, January 25, 2011

After Friday night I remembered a David Platt sermon that I had seen a few years ago.  I had saved it to my favorites and would listen to it occaisionally.  Jim and I listened to it and thought it might be helpful for you to see it so that you could see him and hear his heart. It is just one of 6 messages he did on what the gospel demands.   This one is on giving. The rest are available on the Brook Hills Church site.... but I am sending this one that I found on Vimeo a few years ago.  It is long and when I first listened to it I had to turn it off and pray and think before I could go on.  I told Jim just to listen to it for 15 minutes to get the flavor of the man and his message from God.  He listened for 15 minutes and then kept listening to the end.  :-) 

I talked to a lady at David Platt's church yesterday, and she said that when she heard the first message on what the gospel demands she left stunned and wasn't sure if she wanted to hear more.  :-)  Now she says that the messages have been life changing for their church.

Here is the site   http://www.vimeo.com/5833626   

Grateful for you all and our walk together in Him.

No comments: