Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Explore

I talked to Donna Skrivanos, Bill Parkinson's secretary, this morning. She asked about our community group, and if we were ready to be part of Sageworks yet. I told her we were praying about three options that we had discussed at our last meeting, and we would probably have a better idea about our direction after our 09/04/09 meeting. Also, told her our group had a lot of sage in the marital, children, and financial areas, if we decide to be sages.
She strongly encouraged our group members to do Explore. She said this is one thing Big Sage, Bill P, really wants all his troops to know and do. I told her Linda, myself, Suzanne, and Susan Bowden had already signed up for Sunday nights(6:00 to 7:30), and that I was confident others would do likewise.
She asked about a leader. I told her I would take the job, but at our next meeting, if someone else in our group felt like they wanted the job, I would gladly defer.
She said Sageworks was definitely a work in progress. Initially, they want to get all the community groups organized and under a shepherd, with the shepherd getting to know his three or four groups really well, ie. strengths, weaknesses, problems, opportunities, mentoring potential, etc. Then launch after the first of the new year into ministries or mentoring.
This was all gleaned in a 15 minute conversation, and I'm sure subject to change, since Sageworks is a work in progress.

No comments: